Watercolor Painting - Easy Beginner Beach Roses Step by Step
Watercolor Painting Course step by step for all levels - Create a lovely Coastal Beach Scene with a charming fence.
1. Let's work on a practice session to create a more depth with variety of colors and shades for our grassy dune area using a wet in wet technique.
Printable Beach Rose Painting Image
Printable PDF Beach Roses Sketch
2. Practice Session- Wet in Wet Sky and clouds to create a Watercolor Background
3. Learn to create a wet in wet sky and clouds background for your painting. We will work fast and mix colors on the paper. We will be working quickly before the paint dries. Make sure you are comfortable with the practice session before moving on.
4. Preparing to add your first layer of wash for your ocean. We will start with a lighter shade and later provide more details and depth to your painting.
5. We will need to make sure the ocean is completely dry before painting the beach. Once your ocean paint is dry, we will add a very light wash for the beach area.
6. Let's work on a practice session to create a more depth with variety of colors and shades for our grassy dune area using a wet in wet technique.
7. Now that you have practiced the wet in wet washes let's create some depth and shade in your painting. This is will be done in layers of yellow and greens.
8. Now that we have our first washes down we will build upon those to create more texture and depth to your dunes. We will mix up some darker values and add in some deeper shades of Green.
9. Please make sure your Dunes are completely dry. We will now add some waves and deeper shades in the water.
10. Layering your colors to create waves.
Printable PDF Beach Roses Sketch
11. In this lecture we will add a layer of white gouache to create a base for our roses and we will cover how to create the look of a natural looking flower.
12. In this lecture we will create the look of a weathered beach fence, You will create some distance in your painting, giving the illusion of depth.
13. Finishing details to your fence.
14. Our final touch ups and adding some birds.
Let's See Your Project - get ready to post your DEMO's and Finished Painting!
Create a wet in wet background technique to create a soft flowing background with clouds.
How to add a Glaze and create more shades and depth.
How to create roses and more.
Practice with pen and ink for quick results
Private Community for Paid Students
✅Instructor 15+ Years
For Beginners and up!
Kellie is very thorough with additional tips on other products that may be used in place of the materials used. No problems on ipad and photography is good.
Kellie is very thorough with additional tips on other products that may be used in place of the materials used. No problems on ipad and photography is good.Read Less
This course is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much, Kellie! Now to do it...wish me luck!
This course is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much, Kellie! Now to do it...wish me luck!Read Less
Thoroughly enjoyed this class. It was quick, easy level, and fun.
Thoroughly enjoyed this class. It was quick, easy level, and fun.Read Less
VIEW ALL COURSES, VIEW WATERCOLOR COURSES, VIEW SPECIAL BUNDLE DEALS
Watercolor Workout Bundle: Explore simple projects using watercolors. Perfect bundle of beginner classes where you can explore the medium and learn many simple techniques, like how to mix colors, blend, use a dry brush and wet in wet painting style.
VIEW ALL COURSES, VIEW WATERCOLOR COURSES
VIEW ALL COURSES, VIEW ALCOHOL INK COURSES, VIEW RESIN COURSES
VIEW ALL COURSES, VIEW WATERCOLOR COURSES, VIEW ALCOHOL INK COURSES